Milwaukee makes the list of Top 10 American Downtowns.
Milwaukee likely has the smallest urban core on this list, a fact that certainly hurts the city’s ranking. But this lack of size is also a definite asset: the downtown area boasts upscale river walks, one of the country’s most vibrant loft districts, an impressive collection of museums and academic institutions (try the Pabst Theater if you enjoy absorbing plays while supporting one of America’s most popular home-grown brews), and, of course, easy access to the Lake Michigan beach. Furthermore, Milwaukee’s downtown is clean and easy to naviagte, with a lake-and-river setting that makes it seem like a more relaxed version of Chicago’s central core.
A pretty perfect synopsis of my city.
While we talk/have talked about relocating, we bought a home here because of this, all of this.
- geraldinepk50 likes this
- ms-spiritual-tramp reblogged this from cieleezy
- cieleezy reblogged this from neighborhoodr-milwaukee
- scphil reblogged this from neighborhoodr-milwaukee
- scphil likes this
- altidude likes this
- so-damn-g-almost-h likes this
- brannanfam likes this
- goodfellers likes this
- mollyonfiddle likes this
- chiccritique reblogged this from neighborhoodr-milwaukee and added:
- mariahnotcarey likes this
- spoonfulofvigor likes this
- arshamkia likes this
- purpleishboots likes this
- kindakaity likes this
- evangotlib reblogged this from apoplecticskeptic and added:
- feed-well likes this
- apoplecticskeptic reblogged this from neighborhoodr-milwaukee
- neighborhoodr-milwaukee posted this